Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"Bop-It"

So you know that annoying game called "Bop-It" where you hold this colorful contraption that yells at you to "hit-it", "twist- it", "pull- it", "flick it"... well i hate that game. Yet it fits perfectly as an analogy for where my life is right now.
Like im being man-handled and things keep coming up... pressing my buttons and watching me squirm. I sound very negative when i write this... but some of this unwanted "squirming" is good... helpful for my spiritual growth... but i don't always enjoy it. I'm just in a place where i feel like my time and energy are being demanded from all directions in my life: family, friends, school, job, relationships with people i haven't seen all summer, settling into a brand new year, anticipating what lies ahead, living in the now and keeping my head in the game, desiring to pursue the Lord with abandon, and still keep up with my school reading and times to simply be with people, enjoy coffee and laugh. I'm being pulled and flicked and bopped... and im doing all i can to simply keep up with it all and not explode on anyone.
And to further the tension, in the midst of all of this... im am soaking in the Love of God and experience the joy of his fellowship like i haven't in a while. WHAT? I don't get it. Wholestic development is taxing.

No comments: