Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'm Here!



So i'm finally in Colorado! It could possibly be the most beautiful place i've ever been. The handiwork of God is magnificent... it is so everywhere... but this valley is awesome. I could go on talking about how beautiful it is... but my words or pictures won't do it justice! It's that good friends!
So... let's see. I am already learning a lot. I came out to Colorado... for a few reasons but one of them was to get away from life in California for a while. To remove myself to hear from God. I needed quiet... newness. I came begging God that he would speak to me... and i am still asking the same. I want to hear God this summer... and he is already on the move. I am excited to see how God stretches me, what he teaches me and where he guides me. I've had this vision for a while that I'm in this process... that I've been working through a lot... and God is teaching me and softening my heart to intimacy with him. That he is completing something in me and going to propel me forward. To where? I have no idea...
But i am trying to be faithful and obedient to His voice. That i would remove any hinderances that slow me down from running with everything i have toward Him alone. That nothing would sidetrack me from magnifying and glorifying my Creator. That is my prayer...
I started reading Don't Waste Your Life, by John Piper for this summer. I am being reminded that the glory of God is the main thing. God's greatest passion is to bring glory to himself... not to provide me with an easy life... or bless me... or even love me for that matter... but to make his renown know. My passions should match. To glorify God is why i was created... that my life... every aspect of it would honor and glorify Him. If it isn't... i'm wasting my life.
Sitting in this valley has made it easy for me to see God as exalted. I feel so small... as i am, and should be. That is greatest place i could be. For that... i am thankful that the Lord placed me here this summer. He is going to do amazing things... AMAZING things... i just want to cooperate with his movement in my life and in the lives of the families coming up here!
so.. that's my first 3 days in a nutshell... more to come!! The Lord is Good!! Soooo stinkin good!

No comments: