Monday, June 2, 2008

Ouray






Today was our day off and we went into Ouray... it's a little town about an hour and a half away. The drive into the valley was wonderful... we listened to some bluegrass tunes! Particularly fitting that we were driving through the backwoods! : ) I really wish i could explain how pretty it is... but i just don't know where to start. You'll just have to trust me that it really was amazing!!


Well we got into town and drove up a little to the trailhead for the waterfall. It was soo beautiful! I wasn't exactly dressed to hike... i was sportin' my rainbows... but i had to do it. So we hiked up a little... almost right under the waterfall. I don't think i've ever seen a waterfall that close before. It rocked! We hung out there for a while... and then went back into town. This super cute little tourist town... basically a "pass through" town. There were some sweet shops... we got some ice cream and walked around. It was a great day!! I think we'll go back to hike up to the other waterfall in that area... which is bigger and requires a little more hiking. Next time i won't wear my rainbows! California girl still getting use to wearing shoes. I'm getting better though! : ) Good day!!

No comments: